Tuesday, March 17, 2009

1% California Sales Tax Increase Effective April 1, 2009

Many of my friends are getting laid off. Some are losing their homes and having to short-sale or even foreclose. I didn't get a raise this year but things are getting more expensive. Even though I've been really good about not buying crap and saving my money, my savings account interest rate is down to 1.45%. Having to pay another 1% sales tax really sucks for everyone.
So what's this 1% increase going to help pay for? Obviously nothing for me. I'm not getting a bailout like those AIG execs who ended up with huge bonuses. They're even cutting down school budgets ... oh great ... more stupid kids running around asking me to buy them alcohol. Please educate these kids so they don't rob me in a few years.

This sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment