Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Airborne Settlement Check for $41.94!

About a year ago, I received an email from a friend informing me that there was a class-action suit against Airborne. The suit claimed that Airborne misrepresented it's products by claiming that it was invented by a school teacher and would prevent colds. I actually used Airborne at the time since I was always traveling and felt that it actually helped. I never thought that it would prevent colds, I assumed it just boosted my immune system and helped to reduce the chance of me getting a cold. But whatever ... someone out there felt that Airborne's claims were a bit much. Common sense isn't too common and other people's stupidity gave me an opportunity for some free money.
I did a little research and found out I could file a claim online without having to submit any receipts or proof of purchase ... really, if it wasn't that quick and easy I wouldn't have done it. I filled out all the forms and then completely forgot about it. I've filled out lots of these class action lawsuit claims. I've never received anything until now.
More than a year later I received a check. AWESOME

3 comments:

  1. Man you got twice as much money as I did! I got like 21 dollars...but then it was weird since they sent me a rejection letter about 6 months ago. They said I bought Airborne at some store that didn't even sell it...(I don't think i filled out the form correctly)...I was making stuff up :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shoulda filled one of these suckers out.

    ReplyDelete